The principle office of the Corporation for the transaction of it's activities shall be in the Town of Plattsburgh, Clinton County.
SECTION 2.OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSES
1. To have fun
2. Promote the preservation and restoration of "all" classic vehicles
3. To raise awareness of our classic vehicles
4. To raise awareness of the activities available with their classics
5. To administer the activities such as cruises, car shows and fundraisers
6. To undertake and other activities consistent with the promotion and protection of our members, the community and our friends
1. If you own a vehicle that you think is a classic, no matter what kind or year, you qualify.
2. If you don't own a classic car but enjoy participating in club events, you qualify for a membership.
1. Membership dues are $20.00 payable each year by your renewal date (DOR).
2. Upon receipt of dues, new members will receive a membership card and member decal for their vehicle.
3. Relnewals will receive a new membership card each year indicating year of participating.
1. A general organizational meeting will be held in October of each Year. Membership due, treasurers reports, by-laws and possible events will be discussed at the first general meeting.
2. Additional meetings will be called by the President and held as needed each month before the car show. After that, short meetings will beheld before our cruises.
3. A meeting to discuss the financial report will be held once a year at the discretion of the officers.
4. Meetings will be held at a designated place in the State of New York.
SECTION 6.OFFICERS / BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. OFFICERS: The officers will consist of the president, vice president, treasurer and secretary.
2. ELECTIONS: The board of directors will be elected by the general membership. The board of directors shall consist of the above officers, in addition to board members.
3. TERMS, LIMITATION OF TERMS: All board members will be elected for three-year terms. Club Officers and Board Members will be up for re-election every three years beginning October of 2008.
4. VACACIES: Vacancies in offices shall be filled for the balance of the term by a majority vote of the Board of Directors at any regular or special meeting. The Board of Directors will consist of 9 Club members including the officers.
5. REMOVAL; The Board of Directors at it's discretion may remove with or without cause, any officer or board member by a two thirds (2/3) vote of all members on the Board.
6. ABSEENCES: Any Officer or Cirector who is absent for THREE (3) consecutive regular club meetings or Board of Director meetings without just cause, as determined by the Board of Directors, shall automatically vacate his / her seat on the Board. The vacancy shall be filled as provided by these By-Laws.
7. LEAVE OF ABSENCE: Individuals may take a leave of absence from the board if they have reasons why they can not participate. The leave may be granted by 2/3 vote of the Board of Directors.
8. DUTIES OF OFFICERS:
A. President: The president shall have the responsibility for the overall affairs of the club and the car show. He/She will preside a meetings of the club and the board. He/She shall create committees with the approval of the board and serve on all committees. He/She shall serve as communications link to the public and the members.
B. Vice President: The vice president shall preside at meetings of the club and board in the absence of the president and shall otherwise fulfill the responsibility of the president if the president is unable to fulfill them. The vice president shall have such other powers and duties as the president may assign.
C. Treasurer: The treasurer shall have general supervision of the financial affairs of the club, shall regularly repot to the board on the financial status of the club and make detailed financial reports annually.
D. Secretary: the secretary shall ensure that club members receive the proper notice of meetings, that the proceedings of meetings are properly recorded, that official records of the club are safely maintained, that the secretary keep accurate records of club members and their status. That the secretary keeps accurate status of club events. That the secretary ready the club newsletter for distrubution monthly.
SECTION 7. MEMBER RESPONSIBILTY
1. During club events or any event in which you are representing the club, any member using their vehicle in an improper manner will have their membership terminated.
2. During club events or any event in which you are representing the club, any member using improper behavior (such as intoxication) will have their membership terminated.
SECTION 8. FINANCIAL LIABILITY:
1. The Corporation is not formed for financial gain. All income and earnings of the Corporation shall be used exclusively for its corporate purposess and charitable causes. No part of the income or earnings shall benefit or profit any board member or officer.
2. The Corporation shall be able to solicit, receive and accept funds from private orgaizations and individuals and expend or authorize expenditure of such funds in furtherance of the purpose of the Corporation.
3. The Corporation is federally exempt from filing income taxes. We are not State exempt so we are responsibe for sales tax on items purcheased for the club.
4. The Corporation officers and board of directors will not be held responsible financially for any action taken on the club.